Wednesday 19 December 2012

Oh Weary Woman


The way you walk; the way you talk
I know men all around you gawk
What you wear; and your hair
Turns them on even more, I swear

This is not the kind of world you deserve
For survival, your kind we need to preserve
People are hell bent on destroying your kind
If it gets too late, there won’t be no rewind

Can’t imagine a world without you, oh woman
Imagine Maine Pyar Kiya without Suman
But if it continues the way it is
There’ll be no ‘Her’ outside the loo, only ‘His’

I’m a guy you can trust, come what may
But there’s only so much I can do or say
But till the time I’m with you, my lady
I’ll protect you from lads who’re shady

Alas, 4 guys will come and kill me first
Then come to you to quench their thirst
It saddens my heart when I can’t do a thing
And the men responsible, enjoy their bling

There’s no way to comfort you, I know
And I can’t help you get over this blow
I can’t ask you to relax, or even chill
It’s too late for that, it’s time to kill

Our own humankind is acting like crazy
An they’re making my vision hazy
If I start thinking about the mess, I can’t stop
I see no solution, and that’s so flop

I’m still fine; a guy does not get raped
And you, sometimes, even get taped
Can’t imagine the way you feel
God you’ve dealt them an unfair deal

There are ways to escape it, ways to avoid
Ways to stay alive, and not be destroyed
But that’s not something that I really want
I want a solution which I could flaunt

I can’t do it alone; I probably can’t do it at all
The one’s who’re supposed to, busy havin’ a ball
So come join hands with me, trust me on that
I’ll help you teach a lesson to each spoilt brat

Is it time for anarchy? For that one last blow?
Or do we just wait and watch? I don’t know.
Things are taking a turn for the worst
I’m telling you, even my head’s going to burst

Get a knife, get a gun, do what it takes
Carry a cobra, maybe they’re afraid of snakes
Oh weary woman, just try and stay strong
We’ve to work together to right the wrong

All this won’t help either, but it’s just my way
My way to tell you I care and that you must stay
Stay strong and collected; you can beat the heat
Because without you baby, I’ll be incomplete

I write to you simply as a man who cares
You, oh weary woman, into the oblivion who stares
I’m sorry about the world around you right now
I have immense respect for your bravery, here, take a bow

It’s not you, of course, it’s us who’re to blame
I know times have changed, it’s not the same
But I still dream of a better tomorrow, honest
Where we live in city; without the mentality of a forest

Here I sign off, still as clueless when I started
This effort to send out a message is not half hearted
So remember, oh weary woman, don’t you dare
Think that I don’t love you, or I don’t care

7 comments: