Sunday 28 April 2013

The Curse Of The Hangover


There is no Bengal Tiger in my loo or a dead hooker in my apartment. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long time. Skills that make my Sundays turn into nightmares. I have the not-so-unique ability to drink till I pass out and spoil the following 24 hours. I can have the worst hangovers ever.  

As I sit here in my room, wallowing in pain caused by this hangover, as always, I wonder to myself, ‘When is it going to stop?’ When will I grow up and not start a party with beers and then have vodka shots and end the night with some whisky on the terrace? Haven’t enough days been wasted because of a few hours of fun the nights before? Probably not.

You may or may not remember this one blog I had written sometime last year called ‘Tu To Mera Bhai Hai’. I had proudly stated how I drink to get drunk and I’d always like to be a drunken fool all my life. I’m reconsidering that thought today. I will not go to the extent of saying that I will quit drinking altogether, but I’d like to state that I now want to consciously bring about a positive change wherein I don’t get crazy drunk too often and waste my days.

Spending the whole day inside the bed doing nothing but just staring at walls and trying to survive the hangover is not an ideal way to spend most of your Sundays. There could be so much more that could be done like maybe drinking some beer on a breezy sunny afternoon at a nice outdoor place. Or reading the newspaper. Or bathing.

Crazy drunken nights are fine at times. Like when you’re in Goa. Or at a bachelor’s party. Or when you touch a girl for the first time. Not every weekend they’re not. That’s what I need to change. It’s not like I think it’s wrong but it’s just that I end up wasting 24 hours after the drunkenness and sit and do nothing but just pull my hair in madness. Not worth it anymore. Mujhe yeh sab ab shobha nahi deta. Aur mujhe Shobha chahiye.

This is one of those days when you think about life and all and take decisions to change it in some way. There’s a lot to be done in life and many more changes to be made but I’m not going to get into the details of that. What I would like to state is that I will not be wasting my days in hangovers so often. No big deal but I’m frankly quite tired of the annoyance that follows an awesome drunk night. It will happen every now and then but not so regularly no more. You have my word.

Will I live up to this promise? Only time will tell. I shall be back with an update soon. Cheers. 

6 comments:

  1. The fact that you proudly wrote about being drunk makes this really funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The human mind works in mysterious ways sire.

      Delete
  2. This could've been a different post if it weren't just " 'some' whisky on the terrace", eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. Since whatever whisky I would've had, would've been after a crazy night of beers and vodka shots.

      Delete